WHOLESALE ESSENTIAL OILS AND SOAP MAKING PRODUCTS AUSTRALIA
This is great for getting into the grit! Makes approximately 2kg of soap
600gm sustainable palm oil
500gm olive oil pomace
400gm coconut oil
198gm caustic soda
50gm ground pumice
50gm ground walnut
20mL clove essential oil
20mL orange essential oil
10mL cinnamon leaf essential oil
1. Ensure you are wearing safety goggles and gloves, and a suitable mask to avoid inhaling fumes. Pour water into a bowl and add the caustic soda. Always add the caustic to the water, never the other way around or you may experience a volcanic eruption. Mix and set aside. (it is best to mix outside to avoid inhalation of fumes).
2. Melt coconut oil and palm oil on low heat. Add olive oil.
3. Once the oils and the caustic mix are both 35 degrees celsius, pour the lye (caustic) solution into the oils and blend with a spoon. With your stick blender, zap it for 20-30 seconds, then give it a mix with your spoon. Do the same again, until mixture has come to trace (this is a nice creamy consistency similar to custard).
4. Add ground pumice and ground walnut and mix.
5. Finally, add your essential oils, give it a quick mix with the stick blender and then pour into mould. if you wish, you can add 10mL of liquid colour to your soap during this phase.
6. Wrap your mould so it is covered entirely with a towel or blanket and leave aside for 24-48 hours.
7. Unmould and cut and leave soap to cure for at least 4 weeks. The longer you leave it, the harder the bar will be and will last longer.
A truly nourishing base, this lip balm will keep your lips smooth and soft in the harshest of climates.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more…